Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Optpri: So when are you going to leave for Vegas?
Me: Friday.
Optpri: So by 12:00 on Saturday, we'll know you've been deflowered?
Me: Yeah. And when Ryan refuses, I'll make sure to pick up some man-ho out there to take care of it, just for your piece of mind.
Optrpri: Don't do it for me, do it for yourself.
Me: Nope. I'm going scream, "AND THIS IS FOR OPTPRI!!!" right in the middle of.

Such is the love and well-wishing from my coworkers.

I'm getting very attached to the pig I taped to my nametag. Only the tape isn't working that well, I want to find a better way to do it. Kevin suggested that I try to replicate a Pink Floyd concert, where they have the giant pig floating over everyone, by creating some kind of wire contraption so that it hangs over my nametag, and now I really want to do it. BUT, I think if I did anything that elaborate and/or showy, Elaine or boss-boss would make me take it off, rendering all that work in vain.

I've also named it. Yesterday Optpri told me about some game that was kind of like yahtzee, only the dice were pigs. Then, today Death mentioned the same game, and told me that one of the combinations you could get was called "makin' bacon." So I named my pig Makin' Bacon. THEN, though, we were discussing how I am going to start calling her MJB (after this Michael Jackson button she wears on her nametag) and I was like, "Makin' Bacon could have those initials too if he marries someone with last name J!" (only just now I realized that's a tad jumbled). And so we decided I had to add something with a J on the end, so now he's Makin' Bacon Jerky. Also, both death and Makin' Bacon Jerky get to listen to the Mary J. Blige song, "MJB da MVP" whenever they want to.

In other news: I already miss Double Dizzle. And Mouse is going to leave (work, anyway, I think he's still in the area another week or so) while I'm in Vegas. Sadness.

No comments: