Thursday, July 06, 2006

I LOVE CABLE INTERNET.

The only problem, though, is now that I have the new computer set up and the cable interweb set up, I don't want to do anything else. Ever.

Which presents me with some difficulties in setting up the love shack.

Yes, I said it! I called my new appartement the love shack!

I have a feeling, though, that as time wears on and I continue to get no love, the nickname will become increasingly ironic.

Anyway, I'm a lot happier than yesterday. My dad did stay all pissy. And just randomly had a dentist appointment in the middle of the day he didn't tell me about, so they just deposited me at my sister's house for one and a half hours with nothing to do. It's weird, I would've thought my mom would be a jerk about this and my dad cool, but it was kind of opposite. My mom bought me all this stuff, and didn't really help move (bad hip) but wasn't negative..... AND BOUGHT ME ALL THIS STUFF!!!

I have to admit, my dad was right about the couch. Not that it was that heavy, but yes, it was too long to manuever. My new neighbors watched in disbelief as four people frickin' lugged that thing around a curved, steep staircase, only to not be able to get around the corner on the landing into my door. BUT, we did manage it.

I think he meant it as a joke, but one of the neighbors mentioned popping out the ceiling in front of the door. And.... we did. It sucked pretty bad, because a flood of random crap that was up there came down on us, the couch, and the hallway when we did it. And I'm not talking like.... some crap. There is a huge garbage bag at least a fourth full of crap from up there in my trash can right now, which I cleaned up using a broom (not too useful since this was on carpet, but it got some of it) and my vaccuum, which is pretty much a glorified dust buster.

Good times.

But I can say that the shower works fine. AND MY NEW COMPUTER!!!

No comments: