Saturday, July 01, 2006

So.... not only am I busy moving, but the interweb is doubly slow lately. I will be very happy to not have this stupid ISP anymore.

I am a little dismayed about the lack of cheap furniture in the world. I guess I need to hoof it to more yard sales, but the Salvation Army sucks, and Goodwill doesn't even carry any furniture. Walmart, too, has let me down. The cheapest table (and I am a little limited in that my kitchen is tiny, which is why I can't use the free one from my sister) is like 90 bucks, and they don't really have any chests of drawers for under 100.

It's not so much that I am too cheap to pay for furniture, it's that I'm too cheap for furniture that I will probably want to get rid of anyway if I ever move into a bigger appartement and actually want things to look nice and/or match.

The store is making me feel less and less happy to work there. Sista sat me down today when I started whining about it and said, "Seriously, you need another job. You have a degree." The store DOES seem to gradually be running itself into the ground. Everything they try to do to deal with things like the interweb stealing our music sales, such as the rewards program, the new coffee shop, and the gifts and stationary section are like an anvil around their neck dragging them down, and it's making all of their employees suffer. Plus... I really do not make enough money. Substantially less than 400 bucks a paycheck is crazy, man. On top of that as well is the fact that everyone I like has quit/is quitting soon (except for Optpri, who strangly seems to actually like retail most of the time) and the new people they hire have been pretty lame.

But no one else would hire me in the first place, so who knows.

No comments: