Saturday, July 08, 2006

So today sucked so bad. I meant to do some shopping after work (groceries/lamp), but well... that didn't get done. I went out to dinner with my parents and sister instead (they paid) and then suffering from a severe bought of what I like to call "lady troubles" and depression over my car, I just went home.

Oh yeah, that's right, I fucked up my car. There's this kind of parking lot-ish thing behind the love shack that opens out into a narrow alley. For some stupid reason there's a little railing along the one side of the alley. But who knows why? It's not that high, so obviously it doesn't keep anything away from anything or screen anyone's view of anything. Anyway, this all takes a lot of manuvering to get in and out of because of the rail, various trees, and this big-ass van that never seems to not be in the lot. And manuvering is not my strong point.

I managed to run into the railing. Not because I wasn't looking, but because I got so close to it I couldn't figure out how to get back away from it, every attempt I made just made it worse until I ended up popping out my hubcap. Oh, and also, I didn't notice this until my dad pointed it out, but I really fucked up the bottom side of the car as well, which will be a lot harder to repair than some dumb hubcap.

This is why I should not be allowed to drive a car.

Anyway some nice ladies (I think from the house next door) helped me out with it, but I was still late to work and bitter. So anyway, I'm parking on the street now. Stay tuned for the accident I next have attempting to parallel park.

Oh, and of course I called ahead to work to tell them what was going on, and someone told TII what I did, because he comes up with this superior smirk and is like, "how do you get stuck on a rail?"

And I was like, "I KNOW I SUCK AT DRIVING, OKAY?? THE PIECES OF MY HUBCAP I HAVE SITTING IN MY PASSENGER SEAT RIGHT NOW ARE MORE THAN AMPLE AS A REMINDER." And then he tries to backpedal, saying he knows lots of bad drivers, including his ex wife.

Okay...... he tries to make me feel better by comparing me to the woman who has made him hate the world. THANKS. Not what I needed to brighten my day. Especially since he's clearly still fixated on the woman. They've been divorced for years now, but he still constantly finds excuses to bring her up, such as this conversation.

In lighter news: my parents got me drunk and then we went to target to look at George Foreman grills, the day before yesterday. I forgot to blog it, but it's actually kind of amusing.

No comments: