Wednesday, July 10, 2002

I now have the new RHCP CD today (the first day it was available) It is GOOD. Though, I think I'm at the point now I'd buy their stuff if they put out albums of like, phone books put to music. (If you were one of the numbers it would be both a blessing and a curse--No one would forget your number, because they'd have a song to help them, but drunk and/or high people listening to RHCP would probably start calling you up just to see if you were a real number all the time).

This is the first time I've ever gotten an album the day it dropped. Generally I'm a bit sluggish, but I wanted to make sure I picked it up before I went on my trip. I can even listen to it on the 8 hour plane ride. This makes me think yay, because while I would not normally yay an 8 hour ride, I am because it's taking me to England and I get to listen to RHCP during this time because *whoa* I picked up their new CD.

P.S. I think I pretty much keep the music industry in business.*

* Not those bastards N'Sync, I keep the cool people driving Ferraris and Jaguars.**

**N'Sync really aren't bastards, but I wish they'd admit they were gay already. I mean, they're alone together on a tourbus a lot. There's nothing better to do. I was going to also admit their outfits as exhibit B, but I'm pretty sure gay people have better taste.***

***I have nothing against gay people, other than some gay artists (N'Sync, Emenem) put out crappy music. But plenty of straight people release bad music too. I mean, it's statistically improbable that every recording artist during the 80's was gay, right?****

****Not that gay-produced music doesn't have it's highlights. Elton John, man. I love the songs from the Lion King.*****

***** No, I'm not 8, though my IQ is******

******I stole that from Red Dwarf, kinda. The original quote was about a walrus cleaning kit. I love Red Dwarf.*******

*******Why am I bothering with the stars anymore?

No comments: