Monday, July 08, 2002

I went to get a makeover today, it's so that I'm wearing proper make-up at my sis's wedding.

My mom was HAPPY. I think she's a bit embarassed to have a daughter not interested in makeup, shoes, hair, and who can't rope a guy to save her life. Though, I don't think she cares about clothes. She's always regretted the day I started wearing non-baggy clothing that didn't feature baby animals. She was gleeful that I was willing to do this.

It was interesting. It looked decent, but I'm sure when I try to put the stuff on I'll prolly mess it up.

And though it was very downplayed and "natural," it looked really un-natural to me. I probably would be happier with heavy clown or goth makeup actually, because it doesn't pretend to be natural. Plus...I began to feel annoyed after awhile. Don't I look good enough on my own? Do I really need to spend like an hour to put all this stuff on because my bare face is a horror show? And I resent men for never having to wear it. (As well as not having to shave their legs, wear skirts/pantyhose, or have cramps)

Makeup feels like I'm hiding. I don't know why dressing nice or doing my hair nice I don't mind, but makeup makes me feel like a phony. I guess it's because (though there is a bit of chance involved) your face is part of who you are, it houses your expressions and when you get older, wrinkles tell a story: did I laugh more, or cry more? I'd rather have my pasty face that says "Well, I guess I'm not that outdoorsy" then tan-ish fakey makeup.

I'm still going to try it out for awhile, though. Maybe I'll get over the above feeling and love the stuff.

No comments: