Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Ay.... blogger's got a new interface. What's up with that?

Anyhoos, after all the movies I had to watch for class, I thought it would be a relief to go without for awhile, but now I am going into withdrawal, I keep wanting to watch more than I am. Which is not that much, except the other night I saw "Wrinkle in Time," which is apparently a made for tv or straight to video version of the Madeliene L'Engle book. On one hand, it was truly crappy. A lot of the detail that drives the story is lost (stuff happens in people's minds, hard to translate to movie form) and character development is pared down to a bare minimum. I still liked it, kind of, because I could fill in the blanks on my own. It made me want to re-read the book, several of the books actually. Not all of the books though.... because some of them are strange but not in the good way the rest are.

Then tonight I rented a couple. Foolproof, which is about these people who like to come up with these elaborate schemes to rob places with hi-tech security systems, and act them out at home for the fun of it, rather than actually going and robbing anyone. One of their plans gets out, someone uses it, then the dude who did it sort of blackmails them into going along with another scheme, because of their involvement (though unwilling) with the previous. Pretty good, if you like heist movies. I also got Knock Around Guys, because it was free, which was pretty good for ANYTHING with Vin Diesel in, alright for anything else. I think it was saved by him not being the main character.

Also, I dream about movies. Last night I dreamt I went to watch Troy, only it turned out to be sort of like Love, Actually where there are several mini stories and the Troy I've seen in ads was just a small part of the actual film, the rest of it was set in modern office buildings or something.

Also, I have these freaky hives on my hands. I know I'm a hypochondriac, but they're there! My mom agrees! Except all she did was tell me to put cortaid on them, like she always tells me to. Anyway, they were just bumpy for awhile, but now I'm itching like crazy. NOT cool.

No comments: