Monday, May 24, 2004

Well, I finally got up off my ass and went job hunting. Though not far... only Walmart and Family Video. I hate filling out 80 applications and then not having anyone hire me, so I thought maybe I'd try 2, and see what happens from there.

The family video ap, it was actually nice to write down my film studies minor and feel like I was actually applying to something where I could at least prove that I have interests that marginally align with the job.

I'm not fooling myself that Walmart or Family Video are fun, just I want a reason to get out of bed in the morning. It's weird, but doing absolutely nothing gets more tiring than actually doing things for me after awhile.

I did get to see some movies in the last week, though, which was nice. Big Fish, which I've meant to see for awhile and was about as good as I expected, Timeline, which was better than my low expectations because while the book was good, it was totally panned by most people, and Troy, which my dad kind of dragged me to, though I didn't think it sounded very good.

It, too, surpassed my expectations. Especially Orlando Bloom. He usually annoys the crap out of me because they put him in action hero roles, but he's such a sissy! If he played Hugh Grant-y roles, I'm sure I'd like him better. But he's so girly, and they insist on giving him macho guy roles. But, I liked him in this because Paris IS a weanie, with a curly mullet no less, so it all works out. And the dude who played Agamemnon was totally awesome at playing a horrible bastard, and I liked the dude who played Hector who was all smart and told them what to do and then they'd all just go and do something insanely stupid instead. The rulers were all stupid, though. Even Paris, who's obviously not the brightest got to be like, "Burn it! Burn the bastard! Why would they leave it if it was something good! Burn it, you idiots!" about the Trojan horse, and of course no one listened.

No comments: