Monday, July 05, 2004

Man. I have some bizarre dreams sometimes, but usually only once a night. Last night I had three.

The first one was a little less strange than the other two. I was at the pool (which I don't go much anymore. It's not so fun when you don't have anyone to hang out with out there, and it's getting way over crowded), only I'd skipped school to be there. And for some reason my Dad was there, so I kept having to hide from him. And then the professor from my london trip was there for some reason, and I stopped to talk to him, and my dad caught me.

The second dream was with my roommate last semester. I forget why, but she proposed marriage to me, and I said yes, because I was so lonely and I figured it was the best I could do. And things got tenser and tenser, because neither of us were lesbians and secretly wanted to not get married, but we didn't want to hurt the other one's feelings. Finally I just left without saying anything.

The third one, I was at this dance recital given by this lady who used to teach my sister and I how to dance. But instead of having people do the numbers she'd picked out for each class this year, she was calling up old students and making them do some of their old routines. Mostly she only called up students who were good (like my sister), but (even though I was not so good) she also called me up to do a dance with my sister because whoever had originally danced with her pulled out. I didn't know any of the steps, so I sort of had to watch what my sister was doing and improvise. Then, after I was done, I went into the audience and watched the other performers. At one point, I glimpsed my best friend from high school, but wasn't able to get her attention. I ended up sitting next to Dr. Cox from Scrubs, and in his gruff but lovable manner, he gave me dating advice.

Come, Mr. Tally Man, tally me banana

--Day-O, Henry Belafonte

No comments: