Friday, September 21, 2001

Irritable Bowel Syndrome and Happy Juice

Hello. Happy Friday! I had a math teacher who used to say "happy friday" on fridays. The weird thing was, he did it on every day. But I liked it. He was one of the few math teachers I've ever had that I've actually liked.... (heh, read my below rant on "middle finger")



Well anyway....today started early. 7:00.... I had to wake up early for this doctor appointment, about my stomach. I swear, I've spent more time in the last year at the doctor's office than anyone should. I've taken all sorts of horrific tests, medications, etc, and they still don't know what's wrong with my stomach. Now they're putting me on some irritable bowel syndrome medication.



Yes, I know the last thing anyone wants to hear about is my bowels, but that's too bad. This is my b log, and keep your damn opinions to yourself! Just kidding. But seriously, if you don't want to hear about my bowels, you shouldn't be reading this post :D Do you know what gets me most about being told I have irritable bowel syndrome? That's what our dog Pepper had before we had to put him to sleep. Seriously, I'm not making this up...... Hopefully, though, they won't put me to sleep :D



And here's the weirdest thing: They're also putting me on anti depressants. For my stomach. Here's the "logic:" Nervous stomach=stress=anti depressants take away stress=I'm cured. We'll see.



And they gave me all this literature on depression and irritable bowel syndrome. It's really sad, now it's lying around in my dorm room, I look like a depressed person with an irritable bowel. The irritable bowel one is especially funny... it says "Irritable Bowel Syndrome" in huge letters, and has this woman with a shopping cart on the front, and she has this cereal box that says "100% fiber" really big so that it stands out. It makes me laugh. But laughing makes my bowel irritable again and I have to run to the bathroom...... j/k. Really.



Maybe I won't be an angry white girl anymore once I'm on happy juice.... I'm scared

No comments: