Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Phoemeister: My sister moved into her new house today. I came over to help but there was nothing to do so I left. It kind of irritates me, I don't want to be the unemployed loser with nothing better to do who blows off helping, but I don't want to be sitting around there all day with nothing to do because she's got 8 other people who want to, and fight me for every single task because they all think I'm incompetant :P
Tina: yeah, to them your the bbbaaaaaaaaaaabbbbyyy and couldn't possibly be helpful
Tina: or at least, that seems to be what they always think
Phoemeister: I know!
Tina: your how old now?
Phoemeister: And geez, there wasn't a huge lot to do anyway, because my sister had to be the one to put everything away, she wouldn't let us do it without her, and she was also the one who had to tell the movers where to put things, so basically about half of us were standing around doing nothing
Tina: sounds like your sis wanted to do it all herself anyways
Phoemeister: Kind of. I mean, there were a few things to lift around besides what the movers were doing, but of course my dad wanted to do that, and he never ever lets me lift anything, even though he's got a bad back and is the last person who should be hauling things around. My sis's inlaws and my mom did all the cleaning, and wouldn't really let me help, and like you said, my sister did want to do all the actual putting away herself
Phoemeister: All I did was put some towels up :P And then I was going to help put together the baby's crib because I'd actually helped build it the first time, but it has a very specific order, and the instructions were locked into this fireproof safe they have, and the key to the safe was in a box that they couldn't tell from any of the others. So, I was just like, "Lame. I'm not going to stay here for four horus just so I can help with the crib later. Also: by that time my mom and my sis's mother in law had absolutely nothing to do and would probably rather do it themselves anyway"
Phoemeister: Yeah, I know :P
Tina: well, at least you got good blog material today
Phoemeister: lol, true. Though I swear, I don't even need to post, I could just dredge up past posts such as "The day they moved into the last house and wouldn't let me help," "the day they built the steps on their old house and wouldn't let me help," "the day they let me help stain the deck, but complained about the bit I did," and so on.
Tina: I remember that step thing actually

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

--Tyler Durden, Fight Club

No comments: