Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Gah. I hate the station. They asked me if I wanted to come in and help with election coverage. I said yes. They even paid me. And still.... I came in and did nothing. It sucked SO much. I was there 7 and a half hours, and ALL I did was press one button four times. That is all I did all night.

It was so boring, I stood around a room with nothing to do. A crowded room which was loud as most crowded rooms are and gave me a horrible headache.

The only thing that kept me sane was repeating to myself that I was getting paid. But really, the forty or so bucks I'm assuming I'm making: not worth it.

And earlier today I was dubbing some of my old TV-10 work for resume tapes for photographer jobs. And every one of the stories... I just remember having a good time making. I was friends with the reporters, all the strangers were nice, I was proud of my work... I can't even imagine having one story go like that at the station I work at now, not to mention every day like at TV-10. I miss it so much. And I hate the fact that I decided to base my entire career on the experience and then it turns out that it SUCKS to work at a real TV station.

Oh, and the capper to the night: I thought I lost my wallet. Which... I am the most neurotic person on earth, I blow losing things way out of proportion. I think part of it is because I lose so many things and part of it is the way my mom acts like I murdered someone, but seriously, when I lose something I just go nuts. And I thought I lost my wallet... it turns out I'd never brought it. But I convinced the station people that I'm careless with my things, absentminded and then neurotic about it, which I'm sure just looks great. I have to say I am grateful to have not lost that wallet, on top of the night I had... I wish I weren't so absentminded, it's the bane of my existance. And I wish I weren't so neurotic. God, I can't wait till April 30th when this internship ends. If only there was a date I could look forward to that marked the end of me being absentminded and crazy.

No comments: