Saturday, April 02, 2005

So I saw Sin City today. Far more gore & T & A than I expected. Which... was quite a bit. So a bit creepy to be watching it with my dad. Also, I know I'm an incredible dork, but I have to wonder how the economy of Sin City works, because all the women do is hook, and all the men do is kill people. There were like 3 people in the entire movie who seemed to have a real job, other than the many cops that swarmed around pointlessly not stopping any crime. And I'm sure you're like, "Well, the economy is based on hooking!" but think, how do the men get the money to pay the hookers? Only one guy in the entire movie seems to actually get paid for all the people he kills. Otherwise, the movie's decent. Witty lines, awesome look, so many celebrities you couldn't swing a cat without hitting one, the whole 9 yards. I was also really excited at the trailer for Hitchiker's Guide To the Galaxy, though I only saw half of it because we came late.

In other news, I dubbed a bunch of resume tapes a couple days ago, and it turns out that I screwed up and am going to have to do it all over again, which irritates me no end.

Also, I have some observational humor for you! Has anyone seen the ads for the Mork & Mindy made for TV movie? I love them. Really.... The ad's going along being all, "Robin Williams is awesome blah blah blah" and then suddenly the voice drops ten octaves, "But there was a side no one knew about.." and Don't Fear the Reaper starts playing. That is just.... so incredibly cheesy that I HAVE to love it. Also, there's a clip where the guy playing Robin grabs his crotch and says, "I got your nanoo nanoo right here!" Tell me that doesn't say quality television!

Also, my parents and I went out to cracker barrel today (or as I like to call it, Honkey Barrel) and they were pushing this e-mail newsletter called "The Front Porch." Okay.... HILARIOUS when self-conciously Old Timey restaurants try to contact you by e-mail, doubly so when they give it an old timey name like the front porch, like you're just stopping by their front porch to find out what your neighbor's been up to with his cow bessie. Also hilarious because it represents another paradox: if you really like Cracker Barrel enough to be wanting e-mail updates about Cracker Barrel, you probably eat there often enough that you don't need e-mail updates because you already know what's going on with Cracker Barrel.

Ah-thank you, ah-thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal! And please, tip your waitresses.

No comments: