Sunday, November 04, 2001

Bleh.....I'm depressed.

Well, I started out depressed. Thanks to idiots who want to use religion as an excuse to hate. And others who want to use patriotism as an excuse to hate.

Then, I got into some of my Kurt Vonnegut Jr. books. KV's books, while really good, are not the type of thing to read if you're depressed and want to get un-depressed. They make you more depressed. At least they make me that way.

Then, I got irritated at dinner tonight. I got in an arguement with my mom at Monical's Pizza, and everyone at the table basically was trying to get me to shut up. If they'd just shut up about me shutting up, there wouldn't have been quite as big of a deal (it was originally about my sister decreeing that no matter how painful they are, I have to get these certain shoes for her wedding. I love her, but pain is pain, so I argued.....especially since I doubt the whole ceremony hinges on the shoes I wear). My mom, of course, was the leader in this. She has a deathly fear of people seeing us fighting in public, which is annoying, because she'll draw them out forever as long as they're private. She said I was loud, and that it was so embarrassing. No one was looking at us. No one cares. We could've had a fist fight right there, and the people would've gone on eating. Anyhow, I kept saying no one was looking, and they kept telling me to be quiet, and mom was going to leave, because I'm so horrible for taking offense when people say I have to wear painful shoes and shut up about it, but dad wouldn't let her out of the booth.

*sigh*

And you know what the one thing that really gets me about my mom? Well....I can't say that. Lots of things really get me about my mom. But, what's especially getting to me right now is that she acts like I'm a dumbass. She acted like I was a dumbass that had no idea what I was doing in the room situation, and she acts like I'm a dumbass now. Well, actually earlier today. But it really gets me that she does that....and she gives me instructions for things that already have written instructions, like I'm too stupid to understand them. Long explanations, like I'm a half wit.

Ugh, that last part wasn't very well written or explained. Just trust me, the woman thinks I'm a dumbass.

No comments: