Tuesday, November 27, 2001

You do not know true terror until you wake up in the middle of the night with "Beat it" in your head.

Which I was doing circa 4 a.m. last night.

And it was the Chipmunks version.

Heh, I tried to get it out, trying to get Incubus's latest in there instead, at least.

But IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII wish you were here kept turning into

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIII just wanna fly. Which I didn't want in there much more than the chipmunk "beat it."

eerie

Oh, and I also had a revelation the other day, similar to this:

Portions of my brain are dedicated to storing -- and periodically retrieving with no warning -- the theme song from The Flintstones. A really good section, too. I've occasionally forgotten my own phone number, my social security number, my proper place in civilized society. But not for one picosecond have I been able to forget that I will, with the Flintstones, have a yabba-dabba-doo time, whatever that is. I can't help but think that this brainspace would have been better used memorizing the rare earth metals section of the Periodic Table (Atomic Numbers 58-71 and 90-103) or the names of all of Charlie's Angels (Kelly, Sabrina, Jill, Kris, Tiffany, and Julie).


Portions of my brain constantly store and retrieve quotes from The Simpsons, Romeo and Juliet, and Red Dwarf.

Like, people are getting sick of me being like, "That reminds me of this one Simpsons, when...." (My personal favorites are "But stupid babies need the MOST care!" and "Remember Alf, Bart? Well now he's back. In Pog form!")

And.....as for RD and RJ, I keep that to myself. People'd be concerned if all the sudden out of nowhere I was like, "Oh happy dagger!" or "Civil blood makes civil hands unclean." That last quote would probably make a good title for a FOX special about police brutality. I can just hear the announcer, "When civil blood makes civil hands unclean!" Uhm... I guess that's a lot funnier in my head, where you can actually hear the announcer's voice :P

As for RD, no one ever knows about it, and they are kind of wierd. The ones that tend to come into my brain without warning are:

"He was in for a battle royale with a samurai toaster! Talkie Toaster (Patent applied for) $9.99 (plus tax)"

"Cow's milk? We ran out of that yonks ago! That's dog's milk!"

"It'll get itself knackered out eating me to death, then you can strike!"

And my favorite.....

"I hope you raked the sand back afterwards. That'd be a hell of a lie to get into. You're one off the par, and your ball gets stuck in Lister's buttock crevasse. You'd need more than a niblick to get out of that!

Are you saying my bum's big?

Big?? It's like two badly parked volkswagens!"

No comments: