Tuesday, November 13, 2001

Well....I just came back from my interview.

My interview for the job at my residence hall's front desk over winter break.

I hate interviews, although this is by no means the worst. (I think the worst was when I accidently made Wal-Mart think I was a druggie)

Anyhoo...I hate how they're always like, "why do you want this job?" I mean, if it were a real job, that might make sense, but with a minimum wage part time job, it's obviously not your dream to work there or anything, you know. I mean, what do they want you to say, "I want it so bad, I can taste it! Looking up phone numbers for people and sorting packages is my forte!"? Come ooooon! If I were to tell the truth, I'd say, "I'm looking to whore myself out for minimum wage, and this seems convenient."

I forget what I actually said. Some bland thing about how I like autonomy. (because this job you pretty much work alone) That always makes you look like you have an attitude or are going to do weird things while the manager's away. Bleh.

I always hate how they always ask you to tell something about you, also. Why? What does it have to do with the job? It's not like I quiz them on what they do on their free time. I never know what to say, either. Usually I go with music, because I'm obsessed with it. Only then, they ask what type, and I say rock, and they assume hard rock, then they assume people who like hard rock are druggies, which is partly why I think Wal-mart thinks I'm a druggie.

And also, I learned you can't even leave the desk to go to the bathroom. Gah. I HAVE IRRITABLE BOWEL SYNDROME. Are they trying to torture me?

Ooooh well.

No comments: