Saturday, November 03, 2001

I've become a basket case. I don't know exactly why, but last night I was thinking about September 11. I was thinking, what if the terrorists had had nuclear weapons? I mean, someone who did what they did do wouldn't hesitate to use nukes. I live not that far from Chicago. I just keep thinking of it being wiped off the face of the earth, just overnight. Or LA, or New York, or Washington. Gone.

Just like it's weird to have the WTC gone. I was watching some old, cheesy Tom Cruise movie today, set in New York, and there was a tiny, brief shot of the WTC against the New York skyline--something that a few months ago, I wouldn't have even noticed, but it brought tears to my eyes.

And the anthrax, too. Someone wants to break our nation down, bring us to our knees.

And it scares the hell out of me.

Why couldn't I have just been born in Canada?

No comments: