Saturday, June 29, 2002

Oh, an addition to the previous post: (I wanted to add this last night, but it was getting late and I wanted to get to bed)

When I told my Dad about how the people in American Gods left their getaway car at our town, he read me this article in our newspaper about how this guy in California from here (Normal) taught at some high school, and when they found out the name of his hometown, they made an entire play set here, and acted it out. It had something to do with some fictional mayor from here, and a lot of short scenes about other things, like Jesse Fell (he's got a street, and a building at my college named after him, but I don't know what he's supposed to have done), Steak N' Shake, and whatever else. Our mayor thought it was so cool, he actually came down and had a cameo appearance in the play. Which, he and the drama coach pretended he was actually some guy who won a radio contest to be in the play. Anyway, he had a great performance, and they found out he was the mayor, and it sounded really cool.

Oh, AND, in the book, they stopped at Culver's which is another "quaint," midwestern burger chain, and it excited me. Which, if you have the choice between Culver's and Steak N' Shake, I can't tell you enough times to go to Steak N' Shake. My mom's always dragging me to Culver's and I hate it. The deserts they have (mainly why my mom likes it there) are pretty good, but nothing else there is worth ordering or is anything you can't get at Steak N' Shake and have equal or better quality.

No comments: