Wednesday, June 19, 2002

Yaaaaay, I've been linked to again. Yay.

Aaaaanyways--my day.

Good: Finally managed to get Catch 22. Am enjoying it, though it is the teensiest confusing at times.

Bad: Mom. I went down to Peoria with my mom and sis to re-try on my maid of honor gown for my sis's wedding, and have alterations done if any be needed. (Which they weren't. Yay, one less trip for me to go back there) AND...... *dum* *dum* *dum* pick out shoes. Okay, am I crazy to not want to wear a painful shoe? Am I really ruining an entire wedding by wearing the wrong shoe?

I hate shoes. They're itty bitty torture devices that women have somehow been brainwashed into likeing and, in a fit of irony, actually paying for the privilege of experiencing agony at the hands...err....soles....of these horrible abominations.

Anyway, I was expecting some sort of conflict to arise from this, as the last time we discussed it there was an immense conflict. I was especially pissed/hurt by my mom's "explaining" to me after the first arguement not to fuck up my sister's wedding because "females like weddings." female. She used the word female. Not only does it make her sound like a jackass, the logic behind it is pretty much that I'm NOT a female. What am I? Neuter or something? Because I don't want kids, wear makeup, or shave my legs over frequently? Geez, if I would've known I was neuter, I would've given up pining away for men a long long time ago. And it pisses me off that she thinks I'm going to ruin my only sister's wedding somehow.

Anyway, I didn't love the shoe they picked out for me. Because it hurt. Considerably. They all acted like I was a jerk. GEEZ. It's not as if 10 minutes later the saleslady steers us towards some equally suitable shoes that I could stand.

The BIG thing came when I wanted to wear my bra (as opposed to the bra I'm wearing that day) with the dress when I was trying it on. My mom got all in a huff saying that things had to be *exactly* like they would on the wedding day. I said "Fine, but it isn't going to make any difference." She's like "It has to be the same. Switch bras." And I was like "I said fine. I've already given in. But it isn't going to make any difference." And of course she repeats her thing again, and I repeat my thing again, and we're yelling, pretty much. I know I was being childish, but I SEE RED when she orders me around like that. ESPECIALLY, when I've given in and am going to do what she wants anyway, despite getting in my little parting shot. My sister pretty much thinks I'M the jerk. Okay, I'll admit to being a jerk, as long as someone realizes mom is one too. But NO ONE EVER DOES. They're always all on her side, because they KNOW she'll make them suffer if they're not.

Afterwards, we got in the car (we were going to have dinner in peoria before going home) and were on our way to the restaurant, and she starts into me again, about how horrible I am for hurting her feelings by yelling at her. Me: I did it because you were yelling at me, *another argument ensues* Her: Fine. Let's just go home (as opposed to stopping for dinner). She's ALL about "getting too upset to do things she'd like to do in order to make you feel guilty and beg her to do them though she wants to anyway and is just screwing with your head." I wasn't in the mood, so I didn't say a word. Afterawhile, without ANY prodding, she's all like "I'll get sick if I don't eat, let's go there anyway." (The rationale being that she has to keep her blood sugar at a certain level, and if she didn't eat soon, it would go too low). Fuck that. It was only about 5, it only takes an hour to get back from peoria, and we generally eat at 6 anyway, most days.

Anyway, when we get back, I all tell dad about the good aspects of the trip. Then, the SECOND she gets alone with him she starts badmouthing me to him. Which pisses me off because she got all mad at me for badmouthing her in private to him awhile ago. Well jesus, at least I do it in private. She very well knows I can hear it when she badmouths me. Anyway, she's all like saaaad, and all "oh, she yeeeelled at me." I yelled into the room they were in "yea, well she did it to me first" (which she still is not admitting that she yelled at all) and dad is all "If I punched you in the nose, it wouldn't make it right for you to punch me in the nose." And I was like, "Yea, but it's especially wrong if you acted all innocent after I punched you back, like she's doing."

All I want to say is I want to move away from here SOON and FAST.

God, I KNOW this post has the emotional content (AKA "Whineyness and/or profanity") and grammer of an 8th grader, but I'm too tired to make it better.

No comments: