Friday, June 11, 2004

I don't think I've mentioned on here before, but I signed up to be on this recreational billiards league with my Dad. I thought it would be interesting, I could spend quality time with my Dad, and brush up on the ol' pool skillz.

Anyway, neither of us had played in a long time, so we decided to practice first, which we did today. It was pitiful.... my Dad's mediocre and I myself am absolutely awful.

My dad cracks me up, though, he used to be fairly good, so he knows all the lingo and sounds completely like he knows what he's doing, and I'm totally copying it all. I'm such the wannabe pool shark, though I'm incredibly poor. I used to be somewhat alright, because I took a weekend course at ISU once that told you how to do a couple things, but I've forgotten how to do all them. True story.

Ted's out in the seat right next to me
yeah, he's drooling on his sleeve


--"The Vast Spoils of America," Saves The Day

And Karyn is with us. A West Texas girl, just like me!

--George W. Bush

No comments: