Tuesday, June 01, 2004

So one of the local radio stations, WIXO had a "nothin' but ninety's" weekend. I couldn't believe how good it was, for the most part. I loved it. I have truly become a sad old nostalgic geezer ("they just don't put music like this out anymore," I would sadly complain to anyone who would listen), and also a hypocrite for all the times I complained about "80's lunch-hour" on WBNQ and how no one ever wants to hear that music again, because probably there are some sad old nostalgic geezers exactly like me only about a decade older who just love it. Sadder still, I was unconciously having my own version of 90's weekend even before I found out about WIXO's because I was totally rocking out to Dookie (Greenday) & Sixteen Stone (Bush) on Friday.

Also, to continue the adoption/childbirth bit I mentioned in the last post, I have to say my brother in law creeped me out a bit today. He and my sis came to have dinner with us for Memorial day, and the conversation, as it inevitably does anymore, went straight to my sister being pregnant. And all of the sudden, he was all saying that women shouldn't get the epidural, because it makes the baby-havin' take so much longer and yada ya.... and he was like, really invested in the non-epidural arguement. Like he was the one going to have the kid. Hell, I kept saying stuff like, "If it were me, I would get drugged up to the eyeballs if that's what it took." and he seemed invested in ME not getting drugged up for this hypothetical child I will never have. Finally I was just like, "whatever, dude, you're right, I'm wrong, I don't really care." Which is what I generally say when I'm arguing with someone particularly determined to continue an arguement and I don't even give a shit about the topic anymore. Which, by the way, takes quite a bit of arguing, usually I'm the one people want to drop whatever topic I'm going on about, not vice versa.

Saw Shrek II yesterday, it was AWESOME. I especially enjoyed the return of the gingerbread man, who again has a small but hilarious role.

No comments: