Wednesday, June 23, 2004

I'm glad I never get rid of CD's, no matter how crappy or lame I think they are at a certain point in time. This does leave me with a lot of embarassing baggage (the Spice Girls), but I do seem to have a weird pattern of not liking a certain percentage of the CD's I buy, and then getting into them insanely long amounts of time afterwards.

Right now I'm way into Marcy Playground's Shapeshifter , which I got like, 2 years ago, and haven't really liked until now. And this is despite liking their self-titled album immediately.

I guess I'm rather slow on the Marcy Playground front anyway. I got the self-titled 5 years after it was released, because I was like, "Hmm, I kind of used to like that sex & candy song," one day. Which is actually how I got into Ben Folds Five, and any number of the one hit wonder groups I seem to cherish.

I dunno. That all is kind of boring/babbly, but I felt like jotting it down for posterity.

So I came in the dead of night
climbed up into the satellite and
looked out over America
I swear I could see the buffalo
ooh, ooh, oh and I never wanna leave
ooh, ooh, this place
ooh, ooh, yes I always wanna be
right here


--"America," Marcy Playground

No comments: