Tuesday, June 22, 2004

The one good thing about colitis: if I don't want to do something, it makes the perfect excuse. I find it easy to fake being miserable from something that really makes me miserable 80% of the time anyway. And since it's normally erratic, there's no pattern. I can throw out fake colitis vibes at any time, and it's not suspicious. It's about the only lying I'm good at.

No, this does not make up for actually having colitis, or even for the things I actually want to do that I can't because of a colitis flare up. The sad fact is, the times I actually want to do something and get sick very much outnumber the times I use it as an excuse. The wolf is there far more times than not when I cry it.

But anyway, now I've become completely dependent on this excuse. I totally forgot to do something the other day for someone who doesn't really know about my disease, and that was the first excuse I thought of to tell them, but I didn't really want to bust it out just to use it as a fake excuse for not showing up for something that I quite frankly forgot about.

What? I should tell people the truth about things? Psh...

No comments: