Wednesday, June 02, 2004

I get depressed when I read the blogs of people my age. They always have these great things that happened to them that they're blogging. Whereas most of my "good stories," happened in high school, and even then they're not that great, they're more lame ones like that Flannery/Quequeg thing I mentioned in the last post.*

Right now most of my entries discuss some horrible thing that's happening to my bowels or something that aptly illustrates the ennui I am feeling lately such as "I read one of those mystery books where the cat helps solve the mystery, today." Which, both my bowels are acting up and I did read a book like that, so I guess that's my day for ya.

_____
* Which, I actually finally did remember what the names actually were. She was Yelena Ayatollah McNally, and I was Quequeg Flannery Rand. The extra bit obviously comes from Rand McNally, which I don't know why we threw that in. The Pinshaw bit I mistakenly put in before was from a different set of nicknames we came up one day when we were at a restaurant waiting for our party to be called for ages, and there was a "Pinshaw, party of two" called, and we came up with this elaborate scheme to prove that we were the Pinshaw twins (fraternal, not identical) so we could steal their reservation and eat. Of course we never actually tried actually executing this scheme, because that would actually involve something happening in one of my stories.

No comments: