Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Embarassing things about my christmas list:

1) Those fingerless gloves with the mitten top you can flip over them. Ugliest things on the planet. Helpful, however, if you have to fiddle with little knobs on a camera in the freezing cold like I do from time to time. I'm so cheap, though. They're five bucks, and I don't want to pay for them so I'm putting them on my christmas list and waiting till winter.

2) One of those adaptors so that you can play songs from a discman on your car stereo. I really don't have the money or the charm to persuade my parents to get an actual car cd player for me. I'm going to be doing a whole lot less walking and a whole lot more driving next semester, and the radio around here drives me insane if I have to listen to it too long. The only trouble is, I bet if I get one, I'll have it busted within a month, because the way it works is one end you stick in the cd player, and the other end is kind of like a tape. And my car constantly eats tapes. Which is why I can't just listen to tapes I make of my cd's.

3) The sheer amount of pop-punk/emo cds on my list: 4

4) The sheer amount of Ben Folds(Five) CD's I'll own if I get the Ben Folds Live album on my list: 9

5) The sheer amount of things I have on my list. And that it's still growing. I'm a terribly guilty upper middle class liberal. But not guilty enough to stop being extremely materialistic. Just guilty enough to feel bad afterwards.

No comments: