Thursday, November 04, 2004

Today instead of doing a package with a reporter like I usually do on Thursday afternoons, I got two vo/sots myself instead.

On one hand, I'd much rather have a reporter with me, because if the people are mean to us, they can deal with it. And they carry half my stuff. And it's just fun to work with someone you know, rather than being alone, if they're a nice person. And with my navigational skills, I always feel better with someone else in the car, even if I'm the one at the wheel. I also have trouble trying to ask people questions, hold the mic, and operate the camera properly at the same time.

On the other hand: vo/sots get done much faster. I did two of them, and got done before I usually get done with one package. Also, building up self sufficiency in driving alone is probably good for me.

Anyway, I went to a luncheon with the ISU basketball team. Actually I was an hour late because we read the press release about it wrong. But I still did get an interview with the basketball coach, racking up yet another encounter with a local pseudo-important person. He was really nice to me, even though the stupid mic flag kept falling and I had to keep picking it up and then adjusting everything because I accidently moved the camera or something when I bent over... etc.

The other story was a book sale to raise money for the Bloomington Public Library. It was also pretty cool, the people there were so nice to me, because they wanted the press. I also got some random person buying books to give me an interview too. I love it when people are nice to me. You really see the whole spectrum in this business, and often people aren't nice, which makes me appreciate it more. Good times.

Also, my 12 o'clock class was cancelled today, and I got to 6,800 words in my novel since I finished at TV-10 so early. Boo-ya!

So lay down
the threat is real
when his sight
goes red again


--"Seeing Red," Chevelle

No comments: