Wednesday, November 24, 2004

This week, there's been this awful noise in our house*. I think it's from somewhere outside, but can't tell exactly where it's emanating from. It's this very low pitched hum that starts and stops, starts and stops, over and over and over, driving me NUTS. It's like a car rattle, where you take it into the mechanic and it stops when I try to get other people to hear it. Only it doesn't stop. It's just too low pitched/quiet for my old hard of hearing parents to hear. Or else I'm insane and this is just the step before hearing voices that aren't there. Which is also quite likely. And you don't (hopefully) have to live whilst getting headaches from your rattly car or try to sleep in your rattly car. I have to get out of here. But the weather's too shitty to even contemplate that. Plus, of course, it's thanksgiving.

Oh, also leading me to believe I'm insane, is this is a mechanical noise. And our power went out for hours and hours yesterday because of this snowstorm we had. And ya know what? The noise still didn't stop. But the power was down in our whole neighborhood. Which was quite unpleasant in and of itself.

___
* It's been around for awhile, been driving me nuts for awhile, but this has been the only break I've had in awhile where I've had to be home an extended time where the noise works its magic. And yesterday while the power was out, there was nothing around to drown it out like there usually is, which made it doubly miserable.

No comments: