Sunday, November 07, 2004

So, my weekend--

Saturday I went to a volleyball match with my dad. He asked me if I wanted to go, like, a couple months ago when he got some special offer about it in the mail. Really, I could not give less of a crap about most sports, including volleyball. But I said yes because he doesn't have a whole lot of friends, and mom doesn't give a crap about sports either, so I figured I'd throw the guy a bone and come with him.

Strangely (or not strangely considering the explanation I gave earlier) enough, this is my 9th semester at ISU, and the first time I've went to any of our sporting events. I actually had some fun. It's not something I'd do every day, but once in awhile, cool. I thought that the band and the cheerleaders were quite good. And ISU won the game, so go them.

And I did get into the game pretty hard in the first two matches. For lack of anything better to do, I became the uber-rowdy annoying person who yells things. It started out with woo's and yeah's, but I started yelling out actual player's names like, "Way to kick ass, Savannah Knowles!" and making up such cheers as, "Take it to the hoop is what I'd say to you if this were basketball!" and "Go Redbirds! You almost make me proud to go to ISU!" and then when they started losing in the third match, I would go, "No. I was wrong. You really don't make me proud to go here."

My dad was a little annoying, interupting my loudmouthness all the time with all this technical volleyball strategy and who, if he was coach, he would make set to who, and what constitutes a good serve and whatnot, but I really can't complain about him, seeing as how he was unashamed enough of me and my yelling to continue sitting next to me.

Then, as is often the case when I am way too hyper, I crashed. I got this huge headache and just laid my head on him the rest of the game. And when they won the fourth match, and hence, the game, I told them once more that they made me less ashamed of ISU, and we left.

Today I saw my ex roommate for lunch. Not the one who told me she never wanted to speak to me again. Not the one with the contraband hamster. Not the one who kept me up till at least 4 a.m. every night... The fourth one, the only one I would be likely to ever hang out with again at this point. We caught up on old times. It was good.

Then tonight I hung out with my high school friend. When we were at the gas station, two weird guys asked us how to get to the Black Eyed Peas concert. What? Do we look like we know where the Blacked Eyed Peas concert is? Don't you think if we were the type of people who knew where the Black Eyed Peas concert was, we'd be AT the Black Eyed Peas concert right now?

Anyway, I had two social encounters in one day? How cool am I?

And now, a conver about how cool I am:

Me: I'm sorry, I can't hang out with you tonight. I'm going to a volleyball game with my dad.
High School Friend: Well, at least one of us has a social life.
Me: Wait, did you hear me? I said I'm going to a volleyball game with my dad.

No comments: