Monday, November 01, 2004

So, first day of Nanowrimo. Actually, I've gone over my scientifically prepared word quota for today, making this my most sucessful Nano ever. Whether that is sad or cool, you can decide.

Actually, I do feel a little bit behind, though. As today was not that busy (I skipped one of my classes), I probably should've gone much more over, as other days of the week (especially thurs) are too busy to be conducive to novel writing. Also, I have a couple of school papers coming up that are going to steal novel time. Also, tomorrow is going to be crizzazy, because on top of everything else, I'm voting AND doing live voting coverage at TV-10 tomorrow.

So my plot.... I trashed what I was going to do. I was WAY excited about it when I came up with it a few months ago, and now I think it's crap, so I'm doing sort of a pulpy fantasy novel instead. It is crap too, but easier to write. I can't write worth a damn when I'm actually trying (as opposed to just fooling around and having fun) so it's actually pretty poopy. It would still suck as a play, but maybe it should be a better play than novel, because I am no good at describing things or writing action, I just keep doing conversations over and over. Boring. I stopped where I did tonight because I came to this spot where I wanted a bandit attack and I'm like, "Well, can't make the bandits talk the other people to death. Better stop for now." Oy...

"Paperback wriiiiiiiiiiter...."

--"Paperback Writer," The Beatles

No comments: