Thursday, May 05, 2005

So my computer went pfft!

I'm not really sure what to do about it right now, I ran the virus checker and deleted everything that showed up, but the computer still won't work if not in safe mode. And I'd really thought I wasn't the type to get viruses, but this'll be the second time if you count all the adware I had awhile ago, which is basically the same thing as a virus. Anyway, I'm unhappily relegated to the 'rents computer until such time as I figure what the hell's wrong or give up and totally do whatever it is that wipes everything, which I don't want to do for the sake of my illegal MP3's I'll never be able to d/l again, and I'm too lazy to back up the pictures on there I'll never find again, or the wacky IM convers I've saved..... bleh.

My mom's all convinced I got it from d/ling things from friends, but I don't think I've d/led anything from anyone likely to be malicious, and I don't think anyone accidently passed it on because no one else is all, "My computer went to hell too!" or has had an absence implying as such.

In other news, we went to Fiesta Ranchera tonight. We went there before once, and I hated it. The thing is, I'm the pickiest eater EVER. But that's not that bad when you can order 90 things off, like I do at most places. But somehow, all mexican places save Taco Bell ALWAYS screw me and leave tons of ingredients off the menu, so I do order off the guacamole and salsa or whatever, but there will be friggin' bits of chili peppers in the cheese! Why would you not warn someone about that? Honestly. I know some people love their food to be hot, but not EVERYONE wants their food to taste like BURNING.

So last time I went to Fiesta Ranchera I got quesodillas or something, and that happened to me, and I vowed never to eat there again, but my parents badgered me into going again. So this time I got "nachos with beans and cheese." How can you friggin' go wrong with nachos with beans and cheese. There's chips, there's beans, there's cheese. No huge mystery, right? I specifically ask the waiter if the cheese is hot, and he's like, "No." My mom (who embarassingly likes to order for me) gives him the riot act on how I will not eat anything but chips, beans, and cheese. And..... of course, there's chili pepper bits in the cheese and it is hot. Why? WHY? This is why I didn't want to go to stupid Fiesta Ranchera in the first place.

TAKE ME TO TACO BELL. You already KNOW what's going to happen when you take me to a fancier mexican place. And hell, what's the point of going somewhere else for mexican food with me anyway? To me, it probably won't be as GOOD as taco bell, even if they do get my order right, and it's certainly going to be more expensive and take longer.

And my dad of course made me feel two feet tall by afterwards finding some tiny corner of the menu not even near the nacho section that says the nachos have friggin' chile peppers in them. Yeah. You're a LOT of help scouting out the ingredients beforehand, when it would actually be useful, aren't you? If you find it afterwards, just keep your mouth shut. I had a reasonable expectation for it to not suck, no matter what you just found. And you knew I was picky from before, it didn't just change overnight, buddy.

No comments: