Friday, May 13, 2005

So my mom's still convinced that even though it was the drivers, it was all caused by some virus, not just by the fact that windows ME is the worst OS ever and has screwed me many times by now. And maybe I'd be less confident in my assertion of that counter arguement, if Ryan, the guy who even realized what was wrong and helped me fix it wasn't pretty adamant that it wasn't a virus.

Anyway, she's all, "don't ever d/l anything from your friends onto our computer!" which, I won't since she's gone and ordered me to, and it IS her computer. AND since I have mine fixed, it's not likely that I'll want to (at least until the next time windows screws me) anyway. But it just gnaws at me that she really thinks I'm going around d/ling anything, everything, from whatever source like a moron. If I do have a virus (and I admit, I did find some trojans when I scanned, though deleting them didn't do anything) it's because of friggin' websites that put crap onto your computer. Because none of my friends have any viruses. Hell, considering how often I get them, they should probably be boycotting files from me, not vice versa. To that argument, she says the virus is probably one that doesn't act immediately. Which makes me think she doesn't know that time goes forward only, not backward as well.

I really need to get a real job and get out of the house. My Dad's just been driving me nuts lately too. He can't sit still for one instant, he has to pick something and play with it. And of course it'll be noisy. And of course he comes into whatever room I am in to do it. And of course he never believes ANYONE when they tell him something he's doing is annoying. I'm not even kidding, it's not just me, he totally disregards mom too. Unless she just goes ape at him and starts screaming, and then instead of it getting through to him he argues that she's just too sensitive. Even if it's something widely believed by most people to be annoying, like chewing with his mouth wide open (which he does, and quite noisily).

So while I love the parents, it's hard to live with them. Especially since I have no social life and hence spend nearly 24/7 with them.

No comments: