Saturday, February 16, 2002

Because Dilbert's Funny, But Not if You're Living it

After years and years of agonizing over this, I think I've decided to major in Mass Media. Applause

This is because everyone I know (well...actually everyone who knows me. knows me) says I should be a DJ. Or otherwise affiliated with the Radio industry. Why?

Because I love music, and that's what I talk about. Details about artists, trends I notice in radio. This has been looking me straight in the face for years now, but I've not thought of it. Seriously, anyway. Who majors to be a DJ? But then I realized I could work behind the scenes. Maybe even.....*shivers happily* on content. DJ's don't really get a heap of a say. I could shape the minds of the listening public! Well...maybe not. But I'd still get to work with music, which is seemingly the one thing in my life that I'm at all enthusiastic about. And mass media works with TV, too, if I go insane and decide I don't like music. I'm not so big on TV, but I think I'll kind of like it no matter what.

Plusses to majoring in mass media: My trip to england this summer is communication credit.
Minuses: Not sure about the job outlook

My mom want's me to major in business or computers. Obviously, I like computers. But not if my livelihood depends on them. They can be extremely frustrating when they don't work properly, and you're depending on them. Business: ew. just, ew. I don't want to work with numbers, and I don't want to work in a cube. Dilbert is funny, but not if you're living it.

I think this is mainly because she wants me to work at State Farm, who's corporate headquarters are here, and never move away. But, she seems to understand. Because I was like, "What if I don't want to work at State Farm?" She told me to do what I want to do, what I would like doing. Thank you, Mom.

"Make them open the request line,
let selection kill the old
take back the radio"

No comments: