Monday, February 18, 2002

I Wash My Hands of Kool-Aid Though the Stain Remains

I was thinking of doing a good, solid piece on music for alternatune, but 1) no one reads them and 2) I have a headache so I'm not putting out the effort.

Hunh. I wonder if I get any hits from people searching for "putting out."

ooh, there I did it again. Putting out, putting out, putting out!

Anyhoos....today: semi-interesting. At least as interesting as my life gets without something horrible happening. And since I'm not pro something horrible happening...

1) I'm attempting to declare a major in Mass Communications. I called up the department, got their machine, and ended up begging unabashedly for an advisors appointment in order to declare my major before I have to select classes, because otherwise I can't get into any classes. Then, I got a call back to call another number, and start "Grovelling" (as my roommate puts it) badly enough that my roommate starts giggling, which gets me to giggling, which makes it sound as if I'm not serious about the appointment, which I am, I'm desperate enough to be groveling, for heaven's sake. But, I don't blame her. Groveling is pretty funny, especially from me, because I have an attitude problem, and my come-uppance must be amusing. I mean, I was practically this close licking the phone and singing like that scene in Happy Gilmore, when his girlfriend leaves him.

2) Almost killed myself in Philosophy class. Whoever told that woman that teaching = reading handouts aloud in excruciating detail deserves the death of a thousand cuts. And, since I don't want to be branded as the one who always leaves in the middle of class, I stuck it out this time. Oy.... Mental anguish so intense that it was this close to actual physical pain. I actually listened to my headphones the last five minutes of class because I couldnt' stand it anymore.

3) Western Civ - Alright. We saw part of a movie.

4) Psych - took a test. Better than his lectures. Thiiiiiink I did alright....

5) Although I'm still out of a job, Monica wants to know if I'll work over spring break. What balls that woman must have...."Yea, screw you on the whole working during the semester thing, but I need people for break, you game?" Sadly, I AM her whore, and know it, because I am running back like a proper whore. I need the money, man. I figure, sure, my spring break will suck, but I'm earning money for summer and England, which will rock, so it's worth it. Plus, it's a good way to avoid an ass-scoping over break.

6) Attempted to dye my hair, inspired by the finding of Kool Aid I had bought for the purpose months ago and then promptly lost. Kool-Aid makes a nice drink, but as a hair dying method, it sucks. The last attempt at blue streaks yielded pale green splotches. Today, I sport a slightly pinkish streak, which is an improvement I guess. Despite the fact my sheets look like I bled on them now.

Why, you ask, do I continue to use kool-aid? The people at hair salons look at me like I'm an alien when I ask about blue dye. That isn't even the worst though. This woman at wal-mart reacted to the question, "Is there any blue hair dye around here?" as if I had asked, "Hey, could you tell me where the guns and liquor are?" It cracks me up/annoys me, because I really don't look like a badass or anything. If I ever do get my hair dyed properly, I should come back and ask the lady where the liquor and firearms are. If possible, I should carry in a stereo 80's style with Limp Bizkit or Eminem playing as loud as possible. I'm sure I could get myself kicked out/make the first step to a satisfying police record. I'm sure I could up the demographic corellation of badasses and colored hair. And everyone knows rock and rap makes people badasses. Because Wal Mart already thinks I'm a druggie from the time I went there to apply for a job and got the date wrong and told them I like rock music. Boycott Wal-mart!

7) Lying down funny to let the pinkishness soak in gave me a headache. I get too many headaches from my neck not being exactly where it wants to be, dammit.

No comments: