Wednesday, February 20, 2002

Welp, I think I'm going to skip philosophy today. 1) I want to get a shower in 2) Man that class blows.

Rationalization aside... Here's my day, Yesterday:

I saw my High School French teacher and a couple people I had in that class. That was fun.

I went out to declare my Major. Which, in order to do so, I have to plan out when exactly I expect to take what. Down to the last detail. Which sucks, because 1) Their filthy smeg of an advisor is supposed to help me with that, but I am forced to do it myself, and honestly--I'm not smart enough for that. 2) If I want to take anything over the summer I have to say so which is difficult because a) the catalogue that says what is offered in the summer isn't available for a few months, which I don't have enough time to wait for that and b) our filthy corrupt smegging bastard of a governor raised taxes and still couldn't make the budget, so now they're pulling money out of a lot of state funded things, including *surprise surprise* Education. Which means ISU is hard up for cash and can't offer many summer classes, so if something's usually available, I can't take that into account. (By the way, ISU would be better served if they stopped their damn "beautification" (ripping up campus to put weird statues that don't look good anyway) or building the new rec (the old one is far away--which is stupid of them to build it there in the first place. People who need excercise so badly should just stop whining and take the damn bus)

Also, I have to write a paper on why I want to be a mass communication major. What is it about academia that makes them make you beg for them to take you in? God, I don't want to beg them, any more than I wanted to beg ISU to take me in the first place. The fact that I went out to see their filthy smeg of an advisor (to give her her props, she's far better than my last filthy smeg of an advisor) in the pouring rain should be proof enough that I want to be in their stupid major. That, and laboriously planning my plan thingy. Enough work, I have plenty. Plus, what am i going to say? About the only thing I can think of to justify my choice whenever anyone asks why is: "Take back the radio!" accompanied by the "Rock n' Roll!!!" sign, and perhaps followed by a what-what?, woo-woo!, ow-ow!, or whoooo!, if I'm feeling especially frisky.

AND, i'm trying to drop my English History class, but the filthy smeg of a professor (who I need to get to sign a slip before I can drop it) was not there during his office hours, tho' I had trekked through the pouring rain to get there. Grrrrr....

On a bright note....today is my birthday! Yeeeea!

No comments: