Friday, August 16, 2002

I had the greatest dream last night! Well....great for me. Other people's great dreams include flying, sex, or sex while flying. My great dreams are pretty plebian. "I dreamt that a friend and I went out to dinner, and it tasted really good," is more my pace. Oh, and good or bad, my dreams are always weird, so bear with me here:

I dreamt that Wanda and I and this guy Ed from my group in England were riding some bus having some class on biology or microbiology or something. The bus was really tricked out, like there were computer screens in the back of the seats, and they kind of had a chat room up where everyone was talking about what we were discussing. Plus, I think part of the dream took place on the tube, only it wasn't hot and stinky. I'm a little sketchy about that part of the dream.

Anyway, the whole class was discussing whether or not these certain organelles existed or not (the bus was so tricked out I was able to look at them under a microscope). Somehow, the discussion meandered into all sorts of weird-ass subjects, and Wanda, Ed, and I were cracking jokes about the dumb parts the whole time. There was totally a part where people started talking about sex changes, and Ed got a lot of mileage out of that.

Then, someone on the chat totally accused me of having a secret double life, with a husband named (I kid you not) "Till" that I hid away on the East coast. I was like huh? So Wanda and I were trying to figure out who it was, and the screenname we figured out after awhile, could belong to this guy we used to know online, and we figured he'd hacked into the chat to annoy us. Besides that screen name, there was one person with the name "HMS-YMCA" Now that I'm awake, I think that's perhaps the funniest part of the dream. My subconcious came up with, "Her Majesty's Ship Young Men's Christian Association"? Weird.

Then, we (our little group, not the whole class) started talking about losers we'd met online, and Wanda started telling me this story about how she met this guy online and then met him in person, and he had those HUGE noise-canceling headphones on. I was like "Hey, don't knock it. I'd probably buy one of those if I had enough extra cash lying around." And Ed was like agreeing with me, but Wanda was like, "You don't understand how dorky he was!" and drew a detailed diagram of how the guy had somehow managed to braid it into his hair. Then, she said, "Then I asked him why he hadn't braided more of his hair into it, and he said either, 'It's not long enough' or 'I'm not black!' (he was white). I can't remember." And I laughed so hard I woke up.

Anyway, Ed and Wanda have never met, but I think we could have a lot of fun together. Except I don't think Ed really wants to be friends with me, I IM'ed him for the first time yesterday, and I sort of caught an "eh, why's she IMing me?" vibe off of him. Which is sad because I think he's really cool. Well.....not cool. Extremely dorky, but the good way, how I'm extremely dorky and Wanda's extremely dorky, but not how that imaginary guy who braided his hair into his headphones and assumed black people did it more than he did was extremely dorky.

No comments: