Wednesday, August 14, 2002

A Revolting Development

Before I left, I posted that I was really sad that my roommate (Siberia) was becoming an RA, and not living with me anymore. In fact, she was moving to a dormitory the opposite side of campus, a 20 minute walk (I'm a slow walker :P) from mine. I was sad because I'd see her less, and sad because I'd have to break in a new one, so to speak.

Well....here's the revolting development in the story: Apparently RA's have to bust people with drugs and stuff by themselves, instead of getting back up. If you're an RA, you have to walk alone, unarmed, into a room full of hostile drunk or high people and make them give you their ID's and such in order to punish them. Yea, that dumbass idea sounds typical of ISU policy. Plus, they told her stories about how people try to lock you in there, or jump out at you from the closets.

Surprise suprise: Sib doesn't want to be an RA anymore. But it's too late for her to move back in with me, (I've already been assigned one), and she's sort of tired of dorm living anyway and blah blah blah blah........leading up to: instead of her living 20 minutes by foot away from me, she's now living an hour and a half by automobile. She's commuting, and I'm out of a pretty good roommate for no good reason now.

The new roommate: we've talked on the phone, she seems nice. I'm still worried, though. First roommate was practically the nicest person I've ever met, except for her staying up till 4 a.m., and then making her alarm go off 8 times at 6 a.m. Plus I tend to worry anyway, it's pretty much my nature.

No comments: