Monday, June 20, 2005

I really, really, STILL hate making decisions.

I kind of decided last night/this morning that I didn't want the job. For all the aforementioned reasons. But I had the interview, and now I'm doubting again a little. The lady who'd be my boss is really nice, way more approacable than the guy at the other station (not that he was mean, but hard to get to know). And she said something about hiring based on "citizenship" instead of skill, because you can learn skills, but you can't learn how not to be a jerk. So it'd mean no total A-holes like DB.

I don't know if I'll even get it, though. I've never gotten a job before that anyone besides me applied for. Honestly. I'm the biggest loser ever.

What makes it worse is I had to fill out an application when I got there, which I didn't know I'd need to do, and I didn't remember the phone numbers of my references or my former jobs, so I had to make them up, which will make me look like a total liar if they check them.

Anyway, I have to decide, in case they do want me, so I don't have to make a snap decision on the phone when they tell me, or go "uhh... let me think about it a second."

Gah. Do I really want to move to a town that I know nobody in and end up stuck there when I quit because I sign a stupid lease or soemthing? Or get the worst, most unpredictable hours ever? And drive all day, every day?

But do I want to sit around twiddling my thumbs being a leech on society for even longer?

I hate, hate, HATE this.

No comments: