Friday, June 17, 2005

So... I have about a hundred things to mention.

First off, one of the TV stations I applied to AGES ago called me up today, and now I have an interview. And I'm just so conflicted about it. On one hand, I really, really used to like being a photog. And on the other hand, I really, really, hate it now. Working at a real TV station is SO much pressure, and there's SO much driving, and I'm a really shitty driver, and really shitty at finding my way around a strange place. But I am so tired of being unemployed and worthless right now. I hate trying to make decisions like this. I'm a horrible worrier. I'm going to be up all night every night until this finally is resolved.

On top of this, my Mom's extra supportive. No, I'm not letting her determine my life. Whatever I choose isn't going to be because of her. But you've got to love someone who says this to you when you're having a crisis:

Mom: (name of town the station's in) is really horrible and dangerous!
Me: Well maybe I'll see that myself if I go there and decide not to work there.
Mom: It'll be too late when someone's killed you!

So... fun.

And this morning, I was pretty pissed at my mom anyway. You know the whole Marine china deal I mentioned in the last entry? Well she FINALLY believed me that it might be worth something, I guess, because SHE went and looked it up online. And proceeds to tell me EXACTLY what I told her two days ago that I found online! She must've totally IGNORED me when I first told her. I hate that. It makes me feel invisible. And she's doubly a jerk for making more work for everyone, deciding they might be valuable now, because it means another trip up there to get them (though she still isn't totally committing to saving the plates yet).

And as if all of that wasn't enough, one of my best friends hates me, and I don't even know what to do about it. This won't even be the first time a really good friend tells me they never want to see me again. Am I just that much of a bitch? It's not like I have a whole heap of friends to spare in the first place.

On a lighter note--I did actually go and see Batman with a friend the other night. It was a lot better than I expected. Anyway, I want to post a bit of conversation we had because it struck me as amusing and I didn't want to forget it:

Friend: Why is that dude (points to dude) wearing sunglasses at night?
Me: Maybe his future is so bright he had to wear shades!

No comments: