Tuesday, June 07, 2005

So I went to the interview with the library. Apparently they'll consider me if there are any openings, but there probably aren't, and if there were, they'd be in herding kids through the Summer Reading Program, which--no, I'm the only female on earth who doesn't get all gushy at the mention of hanging out with kids.

Which makes me kind of irritated that the one friend was all, "Bloomington Library! They're looking for people!" Gah. I don't even like it half as much as Normal's. It's in a maze of one way streets and streets that don't go all the way through, so I was actually late to my interview before I got lost.

I told the lady interviewing me about my possible ambitions of Librarianhood, and she was not that helpful. She was like, "Well what do you THINK a real librarian does?" I wanted to be like, "Well, it's sure as hell not babysitting children for free!" At least, I hope it isn't. I'm hoping if I put the money and work into a friggin' master's degree it isn't. Which is precisely why I'd like to see what it's like before making that kind of investment.

No comments: