Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Well, I did not do too much today except go to the mall to buy some earphones. I'd slammed the pair I usually use (though I do have a ton of half-broken pairs I can't bear to throw away because they're not completely useless yet) in a car door awhile ago. It made me especially mad, as I tend to wear out most earphones pretty fast, but this pair had far outlasted most without showing any signs of wearing out in the near future, so they were obviously a pretty good pair.

On the positive side, the ones I bought were exactly alike, so hopefully they will be just as nice.

I have still been tearing myself up over the job decision, but who knows. I might not even get the choice anyway, if I don't get hired. I should know by the end of tomorrow, though, either way.

I'm also really irritated--I can't copy CD tracks onto my computer anymore. I can't even play cd's in my computer. I've used Windows Media Player, Musicmatch, and RealOne, and none of them will work anymore on CD's. Even ones I've used before. But it's not like the CD drive won't work. I look on Explore, and the tracks are right there. Every time I put a music CD in, RealOne will pop up, which it only does for music CD's, not for CD's with other programs in, so my computer clearly recognizes there is music on the CD's. It's driving me nuts. I really have a love-hate relationship with this computer. I love having my own computer. I love using it when it works. I hate the fact that there's always something I have to deal with.

In other news, Tina says that the main character of Dead Like Me, a TV show on cable, really reminds her of me, and what's more, even her fiancee thought that. I kind of think maybe I saw an ep once back when I had cable, but I don't really remember. Also frustrating, a long time ago she told me this chick in a book about vikings that get transfered to modern times, and this woman who kind of has to herd them around and keep them from damaging things reminded her of me. Frustratingly is because it's out of print, and like the cable show, I have no way of comparing to see how what she thinks of me compares to what I think of me. The only other character from anything anyone else has said reminded them of me is another friend said the woman from Barbara Kingsolver's "The Bean Trees" reminded him of me. Which I actually was able to get my hands on that. And ended up reading all of her books after that. I couldn't see a huge resemblence to me in the character, but found it flattering, as it was a character I would like to be like. So perhaps I have hidden good qualities. And/or will end up in charge of vikings someday.

Phoemeister: I still want to know what is me-esque about the character on that show though
Tina: hard to explain
Tina: just her mental dialogue
Phoemeister: that's what you said about the viking book character
Phoemeister: you must think it's a lot more interesting in my head than it actually is
Tina: well considering this is how we interact, it's almost like being in your head


Sui: I'm sure things go on in your head
Sui: but I don't think you have long conversations with the voices or anything
Phoemeister: Yeah. It's more like a power point presentation, with these little hamster guys with pointers to emphasize the important bits
Sui: haa
Sui: okay you're nuts
Phoemeister: no
Phoemeister: I'd be nuts if they were squirrel guys
Sui: haha
Sui: so you're just crazy?
Phoemeister: you love it
Phoemeister: the sad thing is I stole the whole hamster guys thing from a quote I read a long time ago and thought particularly funny
Sui: haha
Sui: well it works

No comments: