Thursday, June 09, 2005

I went to apply to another job yesterday. It actually took like, two hours because I had a preliminary interview, three pre-employment tests, an online job application, a questionaire on why I wanted a jop there, what skills I think I have, etc, and then another short interview, and some waiting in between each one of those things.

I was actually kind of pissed, because I didn't know beforehand that it would be this long drawn out thing. And I sure as hell didn't want to spend that much time doing all that crap if I wasn't going to get a job anyway, which I pretty much feel like every time I go in to try and get a job anymore, even crap places like Wal-Mart.

But after I took the tests I was deemed "competitive," which the lady said was pretty much the best place to be, so I'm in their database now, if they ever need to hire anyone. So, we'll see. I really, really, really, really, really, really, hope I get it. They're the first place to sound like they are interested in me for real, and not only that, it's not a crap job. It's like customer service at an insurance company. I would get ten bucks an hour, which is a lot to me. I've never gotten over minimum wage, in jobs that no one else applied for before. So here's hoping.

Today I went to the library. I'm running out of stuff to read, so if anyone has any suggestions, I would LOVE you forever. But bear in mind the libraries around here wouldn't have anything too obscure.

No comments: