Thursday, June 02, 2005

So I was running around after my sister's dog..... and hit my head on a chair. Yes.... this is right up there with the time I dropped a free weight on my bare foot. I almost hope I get a black eye. When people ask about it, I'll tell them what happened, but I'll act all scared so they think I'm really a battered woman who made up a horrible excuse. Because this is right up with "I ran into the door" on "not plausible excuses for black eyes battered women give." Which, incidently, I DID run into a door once. But it wasn't hard enough to gain me a black eye.

One friend I told this to expressed genuine concern for my wellbeing, another mocked me.

Phoemeister: well, I have an ice pack to my head because I'm dangerously uncoordinated and whacked my head on a chair when playing with my sister's dog who is staying her while she's trying to get her house sold :P
Sui: ack.. that's not good : (
Sui: are you okay?
Phoemeister: it's kind of swelling
Phoemeister: but I don't think I have a concussion or anything
Phoemeister: I'm not sleepy
Sui: well that's good
Sui: dont' die!
Phoemeister: I'll try not to for your sake :P
Sui: haha thanks

Tina: I hope you were on the floor when you did this or I will really wonder
Phoemeister: I was bent over and stood up
Tina: and managed to hit your head
Phoemeister: I didn't say I was smart :P
Phoemeister: and did, in fact, mention I was dangerously uncoordinated
Tina: no, really?
Phoemeister: jeez
Phoemeister: don't come crying to me if you ever get injured
Phoemeister: you're mean!
Tina: I'm hyped up on sunflower seeds
Phoemeister: MEAN seeds, even!

So.... um..... if you have a friend who eats a lot of sunflower seeds, you might want to cut them off if you notice them getting meaner :P

No comments: