Wednesday, October 26, 2005

Damn. I forgot what I actually wanted to post, which was to ask anyone if there's any books I should buy while I'm buying a lot of books at discount price.

So far I'm getting all the Nick Hornby books I have left for sure, and then I'm trying to decide what else. I'm thinking of getting into the Witches of Eileann series, because I read something else good by the author, Kate Forsyth, and maybe some stuff by this author Catherine Asaro (also someone who has a big old series I've never read, but I've enjoyed one non-related book by). I haven't decided on them yet.

But like I said, any suggestions? I really need to bulk up on pulpy genre stuff and abandon some of the more pretentious things that have been making my reading unpleasant lately. Not that pulpy genre stuff can't be good in a broader sense blah blah blah... I just really miss it.

BUT, on the non genre front, I'm considering getting into David Sedaris, who I am always hearing excerpts from that are quite funny, only all his novels are hideously overpriced usually, and Sarah Vowell because she seems interesting and she was a voice in the Incredibles! It can't get much better than that, right?

OH, and also I'm thinking of picking up more Kurt Vonnegut. I've read virtually everything of his there is to read, but a lot of it was at the library, so I don't actually own about half of the stuff of his I read, and I consider him worthy of buying and re-reading.

but like I said: LEAVE ME SUGGESTIONS OR ELSE. :P

No comments: