Saturday, October 01, 2005

So I spent a lot of time in the Cage today again. I have to say that's not my favorite, but whatever, it's not that bad. It's fairly decent, in that you get things done a lot faster when there's no customers breathing down your neck.

I also had a pleasant surprise. I think I've mentioned it before, but at like, 8:00 every day we have morning meeting where they tell us what the big new releases are and what's been mentioned in the media and what should sell well etc. and then we each give a reccomendation. You CAN pick something that's a favorite of yours from old times, but most of the time you kind of want to pick something that's come out recently or has a new tie-in like a movie or sequel or something. So last week I reccomended the new Coheed & Cambria CD a couple of times because it was the only "new" thing I'd read/seen/heard recently, and it is pretty good.

Well, apparently today we got in a little display for the CD, which is kind of late because it was new two weeks ago. Plus, we only have like 5 of them in stock anyway and nowhere to put the display, so it was just going to go into the garbage. But one of the managers remembered that I'd been reccomending it, and there was this little booklet attached to the display with some pictures and lyrics and stuff, and he saved it for me, which I thought was really nice of him and I was also impressed that he remembered. So I TOTALLY forgive him for dissin' Ben Folds (he was the one who did that). And he's pretty cool anyways, so I wasn't really carrying a grudge about it anyway, but this just made me feel really warm and fuzzy.

No comments: