Saturday, October 15, 2005

Today was AWESOME. It's educator's appreciation weekend at the store, so educators could come in and get a discount and there were some raffles and things. And it was nice and busy, so I got to help people and stuff. And everyone was so happy because they were getting discounts that it was just a happy place to be around.

BUT, the awesomest part: I landed a corporate account today! It'll be my first one!

Basically: we offer several types of corporate accounts, where people can buy stuff for their business and get a discount or a billing acount or blah blah blah blah. Whenever we see anyone buying a large quantity of something, we're supposed to push the corporate account, but I've never really had an opportunity to before.

But today, there were these two sweet old ladies buying DVD's for a library, and I came up and asked them if they needed anything, and it turned out they wanted a ton of DVD's. And it was easy work finding them, because they pretty much wanted popular titles where I knew where they would be. And they were so nice to me. And they loved me, because apparently they'd gone to some other store before that and the people there weren't helpful at all. And they'd decided to do the shopping today because of the educator's discount for educator appreciation weekend, but they asked me if the discount would ever cover any other times in the future, and it doesn't, but if they signed up for a corporate account, it would cover future times, so I told them so and they were totally on board for it.

Also awesome: the head manager at the store, kind of the boss of everyone was RIGHT THERE when I brought them and this gigantic tower of at least 40 DVD's up to the register, and a corporate account with them. And she was going over a few other benefits of the account with them and said, "you can even call us up and tell us to do all the work finding things for you when you have a corporate account" and they were like, "Oh, we didn't do any work at all today! Phoe was SO helpful, she found everything for us!" And after they went, the boss gave me a high five!

Topping it off: I have two days off, now. And I've checked out two more books, bought a book, my dad rented movies, I'm going to hang out with my one high school friend, and my parents are taking me out to lonestar for some steak lunch tomorrow. Does life get any better than this?

Phoemeister: Oh, I have another Dummies book related anecdote for you
Sui: haha okay
Phoemeister: we saw cutting hair for dummies (me and a coworker)
Sui: haha
Phoemeister: and I said I didn't want a dummy cutting my hair, and she was like, "yeah, I wouldn't really want them reading out of that book WHILE they were cutting my hair."
Sui: haha yeah
Phoemeister: and then I was like, damn, there should be a dummies book for selling books. I'd like, read out of it robot like, "Hello, how are you today?"
Phoemeister: "Did you find everything alright today?"
Phoemeister: "Okay, next I offer you free coupons."
Sui: hahah
Sui: brilliant
Phoemeister: but then RIGHT AFTER THAT, on accident, I did find Selling for Dummies
Phoemeister: and I carried it around for like a half hour
Phoemeister: but no one noticed except the one coworker, who I specifically found and showed it to, re: our earlier discussion
Phoemeister: but we found it pretty hilarious
Sui: haha that is good
Phoemeister: yeah
Phoemeister: I actually did see someone I knew from TV-10 after that while I was carrying it around and I told her about it and she thought it was pretty funny
Phoemeister: she said she used to work at barnes and noble and everyone there made fun of raising children for dummies
Sui: hahah
Sui: that's terrible
Phoemeister: yeah
Phoemeister: did I tell you I saw prostate cancer for dummies a couple days ago?
Sui: haha
Sui: how the hell can you have a book about that?
Phoemeister: well, there are a lot of disease books where if you have the disease it tells you how to deal with life now that you're totally screwed
Phoemeister: my mom has a ton of books on how to live with diabetes
Sui: haha
Phoemeister: I would assume it's in that vein
Sui: "brain cancer for dummies"

Sui: Chapter 1
Shoot yourself.
Phoemeister: 10 to 1 there's a colitis for dummies floating around out there to make me feel bad about myself

No comments: