Monday, August 08, 2005

Kin: What're you up to? Besides job interviews? (I just caught up on my reading of your life.)
Phoemeister: aw :-)

Well right now I'm listening to music on a tape player that's batteries are going so it's really slow and low and weird. And I saw Must Love Dogs with a friend earlier tonight. And we talked about how we avoid places that have people we know working there, even if we have nothing in particular against the people. And this one guy I know named Jose. And this one guy she knows named Dan. And this one guy who was a total drug addict that I know who works at Sams Club.
Phoemeister: So it was Good Times(TM)

It really was. Other topics included:

1) The fact that one day I'd like to rent a really expensive car and just drive around all day. And we were talking about it, and somehow the fantasy grew to include wearing a large bridesmaid's dress at the same time, and doing this in Chicago. But then I had to be like... wait a minute... if I do this in Chicago, I'm definately going to accidently end up in the ghetto in my expensive-ass car and bridesmaid's dress. This can't end well.

2) That a slim-slam is a low fat version of a grand-slam (this is at Denny's). Which, I wonder how fatty the grand-slam is, because the slim-slam included a large hamsteak. Honestly, I don't really know what a hamsteak is. Actually, it was probably just a really big piece of canadian bacon. But I always like to call things like that hamsteaks because of the scene in pleasantville where the mom just piles a big 50's style breakfast onto a plate, and you're like, "Well, that's kind of excessive, but it kind of looks good," and then she plops this huge hunk of meat down on top of it and is like, "And of course, a ham steak."

3) That we both like pretty boys.

Good times.

No comments: