Thursday, August 18, 2005

More sad news: the carnies are moving out of my neighborhood, or at least they have a "for sale" sign up on the house. Man, I used to get a lot of mileage out of that story.

My dad says I could just keep telling people I have carnies living in my neighborhood anyway, but I think that would be kind of pathetic.

I might do it anyway.

In other news, we will STILL have the people in the neighborhood who have a trailer advertizing hot air balloon rides. No, really. For the longest time I thought they were carnies too, because the trailer had all sorts of colors and said something about balloons, but one day I walked by and it was open and I saw all the hot air balloon stuff, like the sandbags and the little basket.

Which is a rather pathetic anecdote compared to being able to claim you have carnies in the 'hood.

Did I NOT ASK FOR MERLOT?

--Cybil Shepard from that made for TV Martha Stewart movie from awhile ago.

No comments: