Friday, September 30, 2005

Oh, I also forgot to mention: the coworker who thinks I'm funny, somehow we got onto the fact that I used to be a photographer at WEEK. When I told her, she got this look on her face like, "Um, what are you doing in this dump if you used to be a photographer?"

I do kind of miss the glamour of being a photographer, the way people'd react when I said that's what I did. But that was about all WEEK has over working retail for me. I mean, I did want to have a creative job, but I spent far more time in traffic than doing anything creative. And office jobs--not what they're cracked up to be. Like I said, crush-guy hates his job. And I had another coworker I was talking to who's been in the retail game forever who said she had had an office job before and totally hated it.

Anyway, whenever I get some totally pain-in-the-ass assignment to do at my job now, I think back and am like, "This is still TEN times better than my best day at WEEK." So... I don't regret the change.

No comments: