Thursday, October 18, 2001

Vandalism and Abortion

Hmm......this is a blog I should've typed out yesterday. But I was too lazy. So.... since I'm on aim and bloggerbot's on for once, I might as well.

Well, I've finally snapped. I've become a petty vandal. See, the evil neighbors think that everyone has to know where they are every single moment of the day. (My roommate's in a psychology class, and she says they're the textbook definition of egocentric :P) So, on their dry erase board they always have their names, and then write an arrow to it, with whatever they're doing/where they are at during any particular time. One of the often used labels is "class."

Can you imagine the temptation? These people make my life a living hell. I despise them.

Yep. I erased the CL yesterday. I've wanted to for weeks, and I did it. It makes me a petty, petty, little girl. But it was worth it. Plus, it's pretty impossible to trace.

Especially since, for bonus creepout value, even though they both had "Class" up there, I only did it to one of them. That way, I figure Sara will take it as a more personal attack, instead of just some random jerk going by and erasing both of them. Plus, it makes it harder for them to suspect me or my roommate, because we have developed a festering resentment toward both of them, not just one of them.

Buahahaha! I am evil.

On a less jubilant note, there were Pro-Life jerks on our campus yesterday. Note: I have nothing against Pro Lifers, just Pro Lifers who are jerks about it. (i.e. blow up things, or do what the jerks yesterday did). I'm the same way about obnoxious Pro Choicers, although they don't blow things up as often.

They had big signs. With some pretty disgusting stuff on them. And they handed out pamphlets. With some pretty disgusting stuff on them. And, the pamphlets had quotes from planned parenthood that were 1) OLD. So there was some crap about how Planned Parenthood was racist. IN THE TWENTIES. God, almost everyone was racist in the twenties. That doesn't excuse being racist, but they certainly aren't racist now. and 2) taken out of context. And about the disgusting stuff: if you need to resort to that, you obviously don't want to discuss the rational reasons why someone should be pro life. You want to shock people into believing what YOU believe. Oh, and one of the signs had a bible quote that didn't even have anything to do with abortion. And, I'm also wondering if God's going to explain to your kid that he was the product of a rape. If God is going to have your morning sickness for you. If God is going to carry it, and then go thru labor for you. If God is going to die for you if you would die if you had this baby. Not that religious views are to be dismissed--just....you shouldn't impose your religion on someone else. If YOU'RE Christian, YOU don't have an abortion. Don't force your views on others. And if you do think it's UNIVERSALLY immoral, not just immoral according to YOUR religion, use logic to persuade everyone that you're right, get them to agree, and then make a law about it.

Don't come to MY campus, using shock tactics and illogical or religious crap to convince me. In the end, you get a lot more flies with honey than with pictures of aborted fetuses.

No comments: