Monday, October 22, 2001

What started out as a promising morning has turned out to be yet another depressing page in the weighty tome that is my life.

Okay, now that I have the angst out of the way, I can tell you why my morning sucked.

1) Headache. Blindingly painful. Why'm I on the computer then? I'm stupid.
2) Tummy Ache. Ow.
3) My english teacher is this senile old guy that lives in his own little world. Well. I knew this already. But fortunately, it hadn't really affected my grade.

(Pipe organ: dum dum DUM) Until now.

I got back my last paper. It's exactly the same as the paper I wrote for him before, except it uses different books as examples and has less passive voice. (he's insanely fixated on not using passive voice)

And my paper is a letter grade lower (dum dum DUM)

Why? Because he basically gives the papers whatever the hell grade he feels like any given time he's grading it. He even admitted it. He's like "Grading's subjective. If a paper impresses me, I'll give it a higher grade" This annoyed me, but what annoyed me most was when he was like "It depends on my mood. If the Bears had lost last night, the grades might've been worse."

Has he ever heard of grading the papers according to how good they are, instead of his mood? Gah, and everyone was screwed, not just me. But it still pisses me off. If I get a bad grade at the end of the year, I'm going to be like "I was the only one who talked in your class the entire semester. I didn't use passive voice after the first paper, GIVE ME AN A OR ELSE!!

Else will depend on MY mood at the time.

No comments: